Train Sim Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Train Sim Network

Forum for BVE 2 & 4, MSTS and KRS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smokers on the train!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Smokers on the train! Empty Smokers on the train! Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:45 pm

TSN Team

TSN Team

Earlier on, I was traveling on the 1707 Sittingbourne to Sheerness service which was formed, as usual, of a Class 466.

I alighted at Kemsley to find a group of 3 people sitting in the area behind the driver's cab of the leading coach. As soon as I got on, I noticed a smell of tobacco in the air and thought someone near me had recently had a cigarette, but to my horror, these 3 people were sitting there all smoking! Evil or Very Mad

One of the group also had a near empty bottle of Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey and was smoking, drinking from said bottle and singing very badly.

I then began to worry as there were a young couple in the other doorway with a pushchair with 2 young children! (I had my bike against the other doors, I know I shouldn't really, but where else do I put my fully sized Saracen mountain bike? Wink )

Anyone got any comments about this matter, is this a common sight on our beloved railways of today?

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited by Ryan Webb on Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://trainsimnetwork.forumotion.com

2Smokers on the train! Empty Re: Smokers on the train! Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:38 pm

waterloo and city

waterloo and city

Smoking on the Platform is common-ish here at Stansted Mountfitchet station, but never on the train. Should have been thrown of the train if you ask me.

Adam.

3Smokers on the train! Empty Re: Smokers on the train! Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:41 pm

Gavin

Gavin
News Hound

If it was me i would fine then and ban them from using all public transport for 2 year i bet they wouldn't smoke on public again.

4Smokers on the train! Empty Re: Smokers on the train! Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:01 pm

Jonfun

Jonfun
TSN Team

The problem nowadays is, guards sometimes forget who is in charge; he's more than within his rights to throw 'em off the train, and if necessary, get the police. But no, some guards think their job is only about sitting in the back cab and opening the doors - it's a shame, as it makes other guards who do their job well look bad.

5Smokers on the train! Empty Re: Smokers on the train! Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:30 am

TSN Team

TSN Team

I've seen guards chuck 2 guys off the Sheerness train before cos they were trying to pay their fare with bottles of Stella Artois! Smile Needless to say the guard wasn't having any of it and promptly threw them off, beer and all, at Queenborough.

https://trainsimnetwork.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum