Train Sim Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Train Sim Network

Forum for BVE 2 & 4, MSTS and KRS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[VAR] BVE and MSTS

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[VAR] BVE and MSTS Empty [VAR] BVE and MSTS Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:40 am

Quique

I know this is a long term debate about wich one is better, I read here, there and everywhere different opinions about, and I guess it must be a subject on railways' fans talking too.

Going to the point, I would like to know (in order to buy it or don't) if MSTS is worth to have it. My main objective is realistic driving, realistic response of trains to my actions, to get the feeling of being in a train's cab.

Also would like to know the PC requirements for a decent perform. (I got from 20 to 30 fps in BVE 2, depending on the addon, of course)

I should add that I never tried MSTS, not even saw it in someone else's PC, only saw pics of (nice) addons for it on the web.

Thank you very much!

2[VAR] BVE and MSTS Empty Re: [VAR] BVE and MSTS Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:42 am

TSN Team

TSN Team

If it is realism you want, then stick with BVE.
If you want more routes and more rolling stock, then buy MSTS.
MSTS is a fairly old game, so the framerates should be about the same as BVE2, if not more.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ryan

*Mod note - have moved the topic as it was in the wrong place*

https://trainsimnetwork.forumotion.com

3[VAR] BVE and MSTS Empty Re: [VAR] BVE and MSTS Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:46 pm

Gavin

Gavin
News Hound

I would agree with what Ryan has said if you want realism then go for BVE, if it more routes stock etc, then it's MSTS you want or how about giving KRS a go you will find the system spec's in the simulator support section of this forum.

4[VAR] BVE and MSTS Empty Re: [VAR] BVE and MSTS Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:36 am

Quique

Ryan said: "If it is realism you want, then stick with BVE."

Thanks Ryan, thats what I want, it seems I will save some money... Smile

Gavin said: "how about giving KRS a go"

and thanks Gavin too, but I'm afraid KRS isn't available at this latitudes and also my poor PC do not reaches the minimun system specs (just 128 MB of RAM)

All this remembers me that I have a demo version of Densha de go, and I'm waiting that any friend lend me an enough powerful PC to run it, and, by the way, I do not know the commands (are explained on the intro but are in japanese), somebody knows?

5[VAR] BVE and MSTS Empty Re: [VAR] BVE and MSTS Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:27 am

waterloo and city

waterloo and city

You could try out Trainz, It's good. But TBH, It's got to be BVE for the realisim.

Adam.

6[VAR] BVE and MSTS Empty Re: [VAR] BVE and MSTS Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:43 am

Gavin

Gavin
News Hound

Your right there Adam Bve is better for the realisim.

7[VAR] BVE and MSTS Empty Re: [VAR] BVE and MSTS Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:22 am

Quique

Thanks again! Long life BVE! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum