Train Sim Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Train Sim Network

Forum for BVE 2 & 4, MSTS and KRS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BVE - Should it be payware??

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BVE - Should it be payware?? Empty BVE - Should it be payware?? Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:23 am

waterloo and city

waterloo and city

Seeing as the BVE standards are raising with every minute that passes, Is it time that BVE turned into a payware product??
For the quality routes, trains and objects that our BVE developers make for our enjoyment surly it is too good to be freeware now??
Your thoughts please.

Adam.

2BVE - Should it be payware?? Empty Re: BVE - Should it be payware?? Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:38 am

LabRatAndy

TSN Team

That's a difficult debate to get into really. Personally I do know how much time and effort go into developing the addons, however for me BVE is my hobby not my business so I'd never charge for any thing I've written. I also very much doubt that any major developer will go down the route of payware for BVE as the programmes authur has released it as freeware. As it would be a little rude to charge for addons to a programme you can download for free wouldn't it.

3BVE - Should it be payware?? Empty Re: BVE - Should it be payware?? Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:47 am

Gavin

Gavin
News Hound

Yes i think BVE has to stay freeware like Andy i don't know how musch effort goes into developing routes but people only make Routes/Trains in there own time so making them payware could be a bit rude.

4BVE - Should it be payware?? Empty Re: BVE - Should it be payware?? Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:04 am

metropolitanline

I think it should stay free, as long as the developers of routes & trains get the credit and get appriciated for what they do for us all, and let me just say to all you brilliant developers: Well done! There would be no BVE without you guys.

5BVE - Should it be payware?? Empty Re: BVE - Should it be payware?? Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:15 am

Gavin

Gavin
News Hound

Yes a big thankyou to all the developers for froducing Routes and Train forthis great simulator!

6BVE - Should it be payware?? Empty No, keep it freeware please Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:21 am

oliverdots

I can't believe something of this quality is freeware. This kind of sim is very hard to find. However, the great thing about this is, it makes the sim open to everyone. Many thanks to evreyone for their hard work in expanding this great sim but please keep it freeware.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum