Train Sim Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Train Sim Network

Forum for BVE 2 & 4, MSTS and KRS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN Meet, SKLR, 13th December, 12pm

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TSN Meet, SKLR, 13th December, 12pm Empty TSN Meet, SKLR, 13th December, 12pm Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:22 pm

TSN Team

TSN Team

Where: Sittingbourne & Kemsley Light Railway, Sittingbourne, Kent

When: Saturday 13th December, 2pm departure

Attendees:

• Ryan
  • Jon
  • Andy
  • Alan
  • Yownan

Details: Those traveling from London - the plan is to all travel on the 11:03 London Victoria to Ramsgate/Dover Priory service and alight at Sittingbourne where I (Ryan) will be waiting on Platform 2 (left hand side). I will be at Sittingbourne all being well at 11:44 having travelled on the 11:26 service from Sheerness-on-Sea.

Itinerary:

• Arrive at Sittingbourne at 12:02
  • Make our way out of the station - 12:10
  • Lunch - various options (McDonalds/KFC/Pizza Hut/KFC all by the SKLR but there are other shops in Sittingbourne High Street i.e., Subway, Sainsbury's, 2 bakeries) - 13:15 (approx)
  • Walk back towards the SKLR - 13:30 (approx)
  • Wait for our train (2pm departure, round trip takes approximately 2 hours) - 16:00
  • Pub! (well, possibly!) or a trip to Sheerness and back - Dep SIT 16:05/16:35, Arr SIT at 16:44/17:14
  • Hang around (somewhere warm preferably) until whatever train people going back to London and beyond decide/have planned to travel on!

If anyone has anything they'd like to add, let me know and I'll add it!

Nearly 2 weeks to this now, I'm really looking forward to it! Laughing

https://trainsimnetwork.forumotion.com

2TSN Meet, SKLR, 13th December, 12pm Empty Re: TSN Meet, SKLR, 13th December, 12pm Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:57 pm

Jonfun

Jonfun
TSN Team

Hmmm...

I'd have to say that a trip to Sheerness might be impractical given the connection times at Sittingbourne, i.e 3 minutes to catch the train. My vote here goes for 'pub' (soft drinks for me, of course).

Can I suggest we think about getting the 1717 back from Sittingbourne, that'll mean we all get back to London at a reasonable-ish time (and is the only one which guarantees me my train back to Man Picc Shocked ).

Ta

Jon

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum